1. Open the
2. Select the appropriate connection, right-click on it, and select properties.
3. Click on Configure, the Driver tab, and then on Update driver.
5. Click on 'Don't search. I will choose the driver to install.' and then on Next.
6. Click the Have Disk button.
7. Browse to the
8. Click on Open and then OK.
9. Choose the appropriate manufacturer and network adapter and click on Next.
10. Click on Yes to continue the installation when you receive the
11. Click on 'Continue Anyway' to continue the installation when you receive the message saying 'The software you are installing for this hardware: '...' has not passed
12. If asked for file "ar5211.sys", browse again to the directory in step 6 or choose it from the popup list.
13. Click on Finish to complete the installation and close the properties windows.
To upgrade to the WildPackets driver, follow these steps:
4. Click on 'Install from a list or specific
location (Advanced)', and then on Next. directory where you installed the program plus the subdirectory "Driver\AtherosAR5001" and select the net5211.inf file (for example C:\Program Files\WildPackets\AiroPeek\Driver\AtherosAR5001). message saying 'Installing thisdriver is not recommended because Window cannot verify that it is compatible with your hardware.'. Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP.'.